Google Classroom: Guide for Parents and Carers
At Langstone Junior Academy, we use Google Classroom for both in-school and remote learning. Your child will have access to Google Classroom using a school email address and a password which has been given to your child.
Google Classroom has been designed to support pupils having access to increased online learning and crucially develop stronger communication directly with teachers. It allows pupils and staff to collaborate on one learning platform. Your child can access work that has been assigned by their teacher, complete the work online and share with their teacher. Your child’s class teacher can then give feedback and support your child accordingly in their learning.
Downloading and accessing Google Classroom
Smartphones and tablets: download the free Google Classroom app
iOS devices (iPhones, iPods and iPads)
Once the app has downloaded, open it and log into your child’s ‘G Suite for Education’ account. You should not need join the class or enter a ‘class code’ as your child will have done this is school. Just make sure the device is logged onto their google account.
Computers and laptops: log in to Google Classroom
- Go to www.classroom.google.com
- Log in with your child’s ‘G Suite for Education’ account. You should not need join the class or enter a ‘class code’ as your child will have done this is school. Just make sure the device is logged onto their google account.
Click to find out more: parents-guide-to-google-classroom
Below are some short video guides which will help you to navigate Google Classroom:
1. Accessing Google Classroom
2. Finding classwork on Google Classroom
3. Finding work and following instructions
4. Handing work in and creating attachments
5. Sending and reading comments
6. Resubmitting work and adding items
8. Adding photos, pink, stop, think and resubmitting
Google Classroom Support Content…